Friday, April 25, 2014

Tiny tie and a sneak peek of my graduation dress.


Tänään meillä oli vapaapäivä koulusta, mutta kävin silti ompelemassa omia hommia. Ompelin pariin tuntiin itselleni 50-luvun henkisen, kellohelmaisen mekon, josta tulee mahdollisesti valmistujaismekkoni. Tarkoitukseni oli alunperinn pistää ylle jokin aito 50-luvun mekoistani, mutta mielestän oli hauskempi ajatus ommella mekko täysin itse - valmistunhan kuitenkin vaatetusompelijaksi. Mekon kangas löytyi kirpputorilta, eli halvalla pääsin. Ainut miinuspuoli kankaassa on se, että se on ohutta ja vähän läpikuultavaa, eli alushameeni näyttää aika hölmöltä helman alla. Täytyy keksiä jotain, ellen sitten valmista samalla kaavalla mekkoa uudelleen ja paremmasta kankaasta. Vaaleansinisen kuitenkin haluaisin.

(Translation: Today we had a day off from school, but I didn't care. I went to sew myself a dress. I sewed in two hours myself this glorious, 50s inspired and full circled dress, and it will propably be my graduation dress. At first I thought that I would wear one of my original 50s dresses, but I think it would be cooler if I'd wear something I have made myself on my graduation day - after all I will become a seamstress. The fabric was a thrift store find, so it was cheap. The only minus in the fabric is that it is very light and see-through, so my petticoat looks very bad under it. I'll think what I will do with the petticoat, but then again I could always sew another dress with the same pattern but out of a better fabric. I really want the dress to be light blue.)


10 comments:

  1. That tiny tie is so immensely lovely, dear Sarah. Did you make it yourself? I always want to try wearing a tie, but shy away from it at the last moment, because menswear inspired styles and I don't seem to jive together too well. This tie is much more feminine (and redolent of women's ties in the Victorian and Edwardian eras) and I fully believe it's one I could muster the courage to sport, too.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I think this little tie is more suitable for me, though I do have some men's ties too. I found this tie 5 years ago, from a thrift store :)

      Delete
  2. It looks delightful - can't wait to see it on the day! As for today's outfit: simply classic! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree with Jessica, the little tie is adorable, suits you lovely too!
    The problem with the seethrough fabric can be solved with adding a thicker lining to the dress or wearing separate slip to even out the lines and colour changes in the undergarments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you pin curl your hair? Alex

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, I use foam hair rollers to curl my hair

      Delete
  5. Mekko näyttää kauniilta ja samoin koko asu :) Mistä nuo kengät ovat? Aivan ihanat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos :) Kengät on kirppislöytö, muistaakseni noita näkyi joskus Anttilassa, vuosi pari takaperin.

      Delete
  6. great look. love the short tie ... would be great to havwe one for office ....

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is looking pretty is her dress and the short tie is giving a nice look. I am also planning to buy a similar dress. Can anyone can suggest me from where to buy at an affordable cost. And is Les Laureats is best?

    ReplyDelete

Polite comments make my day!

Go raibh maith agat!

Yours sincerely,
Sara Kristiina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...