Friday, December 20, 2013

SEWING : Trying out a shawl collar and sleeves


Meillä oli vastikään huivikaulusharjoitus koulussa, ja ajattelinkin motivaatiota lisätäkseni tehdä harjoituksen ympärille kokonaisen mekon. Mekosta tuli todella kiva, vaikka yhdistänkin huivikauluksen jotenki enemmän takkeihin ja jakkuihin. En ole koskaan ennen ommellut näin työlästä kaulusta, enkä ole myöskään koskaan tehnyt hihoja! Hihat kiinnitin täysin improvisoiden, mutta ei ne pahalta näytä.. :D

(Translation: We made shawl collar practices at school the other day, and I thought that making a full dress around the collar would rise my motivation. I think the dress is very nice, even though I always combine shawl collars for coats and jackets. I have never been sewing a collar like this, and this was also my first time sewing sleeves! I had to improvise a lot, but it doesn't look THAT bad... :D)

Ja tässä asuni koulussa
(And here's my outfit at school)


Meillä oli tänään viimeinen koulupäivä ennen joululomaa, ja luokan kesken vain herkuteltiin ja katsottiin "21 tapaa pilata avioliitto". Minä jäin tosin ompelemaan vielä jälkeenpäin hieman, jotta sain tämän mekon valmiiksi.

 (We celebrated christmas with my class mates today before the holidays, we ate a lot and watched a Finnish movie. I stayed for a while after school to finish that dress.)



8 comments:

  1. It's really cute, I wish I could sew like that! I like the fabric too, perfect winter dress! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I love love the wide collars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a marvelous coat! I love it! I'd wear it in a heart beat. I hope you continue to share your progress pictures. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely coat and a festive post too. You are doing an amazing job sewing! Hope you are having a marvellous festive season so far and a very Merry Christmas ahead!
    May x
    PS: 'Walking In May' is running a 1920s inspired GIVEAWAY and there is still time to find out more or enter: http://www.walkinginmay.com/2013/12/giveaway-happy-3rd-blog-anniversaryand.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a lovely dress! Shawl collars are my favourite type of collars, I have used them many times, recently in my 20's style jacket. I'm not sure but it looks like the sleeves could have been a little bit higher on the shoulder, now it looks like the shoulder is a tad too wide. Allthough, if you add shoulderpads,that will fix the problem. And in the end it's a matter of opinion anyways, what the correct fit is.
    I also love your cute little red dress. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That coat is my style to an absolutely tee! Much like Joanna said above, I too would wear it in a heartbeat. I love feminine shawl collared vintage or vintage style toppers like that. Awesome job on it so far, dear gal!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. is it a coat or a dress? ... it's a dress, isn't it? anyhow it looks beautiful and i can't wait to see it worn by you ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha, maybe i should read more ... beautiful dress ... and you tryed it on already ... i would wear this one right away.

    ReplyDelete

Polite comments make my day!

Go raibh maith agat!

Yours sincerely,
Sara Kristiina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...