Saturday, September 24, 2011

Said a blade of grass to an autumn leaf, “You make such a noise falling! You scatter all my winter dreams.”

 
 
 Autumn Fires
 "In the other gardens And all up the vale,
From the autumn bonfires
  See the smoke trail!

Pleasant summer over
  And all the summer flowers,
The red fire blazes,
  The gray smoke towers.

Sing a song of seasons!
  Something bright in all!
Flowers in the summer,
  Fires in the fall!"
-Robert Luis Stevenson (1885)

 

Red hat - thrifted
Black velvet sweater with lace collar - thrifted
Necklace - Glitter
Black pencil skirt - thrifted
Shoes - vintage

Photos by me.


Ps: Tein koko aamun tribuuttivideota ihanalle Dervishille. Tässä tulos!
(I edited all morning a tribute video to Dervish. Here's the result!)

12 comments:

  1. How elegant you look. At first glance, I thought you were wearing a dress. These separates look really nice together. The black velvet sweater is one lucky thrift find!

    Thank you for sharing the Stevenson poem. I hadn't read that one before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just posted onne of these pictures on my Tumblr !

    Lovely

    See U !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magdaleena: Kiitoksia :)

    Emily, Resplendent Tranquility: Thank you! And you'r welcome :) I liked the poem so much I had to share it :D

    Lady Moriarty: Oh you are too kind, how nice ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and timeless, you look like a heroine from a vintage movie. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pictures are so beautiful, the second one is our favorite!! We love that jumper, and the pendant is gorgeous!

    Please check out our blog if you have a minute :)

    Love P&C xxxx

    http://proctorcruzdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful pictures to welcome the fall! The white lace neck caught my attention ... and the red hat is the ideal counterpoint to the black outfit. Beautiful mix!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such lovely photos! I adore lace collars and lockets, too

    ReplyDelete
  8. These pictures are beautiful as well as the poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. Everything about this !

    ReplyDelete
  10. i have a very similar sweater,you're lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love every single thing! Especially the necklace!!

    ReplyDelete

Polite comments make my day!

Go raibh maith agat!

Yours sincerely,
Sara Kristiina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...