Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Inspired by Edwardian era. Everybody everywear - maxi


Everybody Everywearissa teemana tänään pitkät mekot ja hameet.
Tämä haaste on yllättävän vaikea, koska en ole
mikään maxien suuri fani (paitsi kesällä), ja etenkin kun halusin pitää tyylini
vintagevaikutteisena. No, pitkän mietinnän jälkeen mieleeni juolahti
edwardiaanisen ajan ihanuus ja muistinkin, että minulla on yksi musta maxi hame,
ja musta pitsikauluspaita, joka sopii kaavailemaani asuun kuin nakutettu.
Tietysti asuni on mustanpuhuva kuin mikäkin leski, mutta onko sillä niin väliä.
Musta on mielestäni kauniilla tavalla mystinen väri.
Hauska nähdä, miten peruskirpparivaatteista saa loihdittua
asun, joka on saanut inspiraationsa sadan vuoden takaa..

(Translation: Todays theme, on Everybody Everywear, are maxi dresses and
skirts. This was quite difficult challenge, because I am not a huge fan of
maxi skirts (except on summerdays), and I wanted to keep my style inspired by the past.
Well, after few days thinking I remembered how awesome Edwardian era is again,
and that I have one black maxi skirt and black lace blouse, which suits really
well with the outfit I was planning. Well this outfit is very darky, feeling like a widow right now,
but it doesn't matter. In my opinion, black is, in a beautiful way, very mystical colour.
It is fun to see, that it's possible to create an outfit - from ordinary flea market -shoppings -
which has got its inspiration from hundred years ago..)

Maxi Skirt/Dress | Everybody, Everywear

Kaikki kirppareilta!
Everything is thrifted.









20 comments:

  1. You are pure poetry, Sara!!
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful outfit, I love it!!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! These are fantastic! You look stunning! I especially love that one of you on the sofa. So authentic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is quite amazing, I love the pictures too

    See U !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful. I also love how you added the umbrella. Very chic, very chic.
    Cheers,
    Bre

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your take on the Everybody Everywear maxi! I love the lace at the top of the dress, gorgeous!Your hair is so nice in the plaits too!

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pakko minunki on sanoo et asusi on kaunis!
    Rakastuin hattuusi<3
    ~Anni

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally love this look! The blouse and the skirt are both so gorgeous. Very well done. I saw you on EBEW and had to check it out!!

    Sophistique Noir - Dark, Elegant Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look amazing, like beautiful lady moved out of past into today. The broche and the blouse with lace are superb.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you look amazing! I love that outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful silhouette. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you nailed it--really, you look like you stepped right out of the edwardian era. so beautiful. i especially love the lace on that shirt. it's exquisite.
    -brittney
    http://adayinlifetoo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very theatrical and beautiful. I've been searching for a blouse just like yours. I think it's the perfect piece for a Victorian - Goth look I'm trying to style. Love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. simply beautiful- I love how the maxi challenge can channel many different eras and looks, not just the boho seventies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you were able to incorporate the maxi into your look very nicely! I wrote that I felt very Anne of Green Gables in my post, and I think you look like a proper character from the same story!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a classic look!

    Monique xx

    misszuman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an amazing post! Well done getting in the role! :D
    xxx

    http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot....

    P.S: I´m having a $100 Beauty giveaway (YSL, Chanel... etc). Just thought you might be interested! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG, this dress is amazing and you look so chic!!!
    http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Polite comments make my day!

Go raibh maith agat!

Yours sincerely,
Sara Kristiina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...