Sunday, August 29, 2010

TÄÄLLÄ POHJANTÄHDEN ALLA ~ [2009]

Today I watched this finnish, historical movie, Täällä pohjantähden alla ("Under the North Star"). It is based on the novel by Väinö Linna. This story has been filmed once before, in 1968 by Edvin Laine, I haven't seen that original film yet, but I hope I will someday. I believe it is better than this one, though I did like this new version too! I was quite surprised how good it was, though I am not a fan of new finnish movies (I prefer old ones).

I loved the milieu. It shows typical finnish landscapes and four different seasons. Especially autumnal scenes I simply adored! And the costumes, of course, were amazing. Very inspiring movie, I have to say.

The cast was great! I was excited when I saw one of my favourite finnish actors, Antti Luusuaniemi, in the cast! He's absolutely fabulous, and quite handsome too.

I recommend this film to everyone! There's english subtitles available, if you are interested. (And you can read about the plot on IMDB)

♥♥♥

 
Her costumes are so gorgeous.

Ilkka Koivula was quite good actor, he played the headcharacter, Akseli Koskela.

Antti Luusuaniemi, fabulous.

This scene didn't last long, only couple of minutes, but still it is my favourite scene. The milieu and those horsemen suits nicely together. And autumn is so beautiful season.

Luusuaniemi is just so amazing..


♥♥♥

Have a great evening!

♥: Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Polite comments make my day!

Go raibh maith agat!

Yours sincerely,
Sara Kristiina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...