Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tribute to Pirkko Mannola

When I watched this video for the first time, Pirkko Mannola singing the song "Pikku pikku bikineissä" (Itsy bitsy teenie weenie yellow polka dot bikini) I could not stop laughing. I didn't like it - at all. It was very irritating! In the end I couldn't watch it entirely, and it made me almost hate Pirkko Mannola. I regret that!

Later I watched an old finnish movie, starring Pirkko Mannola. I was like "oh no, she's the bikinigirl!!" but in the end of the film I was amazed. Her singing was amazing (not so irritating anymore), and her style! When I watched her singing some other song than "pikku pikku bikineissä", I just had to like her. She is so stunning. And I can even watch "pikku pikku bikineissä" -scene without laughing! :D

Now I respect Pirkko. I love her voice, and her style in old movies! She is just so vivacious and bright, she brings the sun :) I regret for not watching finnish "Dancing with the stars" in 2009 - Pirkko Mannola was there dancing! She "won the silver" :)

She won Miss Finland beauty contest in 1958!
Pic from here

Pic from here

Pic from here

Pic from here

Pirkko Mannola and her husband, actor and director, sir Åke Lindman, who passed away in 2009
Pic from here

Pirkko Mannola gets a reward due to her long career. Pic from here


She will live forever!<3

2 comments:

  1. Hän on mahtava! En ollut tietoinen hänen, ja olen niin iloinen lähetetty tämän tunnustuksen. Hänen tyylinsä ja äänensä on unohtumaton. Aijon suosikki tämän videon YouTubessa. Funny, olin saada valmis lähettämään yksi suosikeistani, Astrud Gilberto. Love, että 60-luvun tyyliin! XO. -Bella Q
    http://www.thecitizenrosebud.com

    She's awesome! I was not aware of her, and am so glad you posted this tribute. Her style and voice is unforgettable. Am going to favorite this video on youTube. Funny, I was getting ready to post one of my favorites, Astrud Gilberto. Love that '60's style! xo. -Bella Q

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true ! :)
    I am glad you like this!
    -Sara
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Polite comments make my day!

Go raibh maith agat!

Yours sincerely,
Sara Kristiina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...