Monday, March 22, 2010

On the town!

Frank Sinatra, Jules Munshin and Gene Kelly in "On the Town"

Eilen illalla katsoin musikaalin "On the Town" (1949, suom. "Ilo irti!"), ja se oli mahtava! Rakastan Gene Kellyä ja Frank Sinatraa, kun he esittävät laulavia merimiehiä. Tämä muistutti "Anchors Aweighia", mikä tuli TV:stä pari viikkoa sitten. Niissä ei ole paljon eroa, paitsi "Anchors Aweighissa" on kaksi merimiessankaria (Kelly ja Sinatra) ja tässä kolme (Kelly, Sinatra ja Jules Munshin). Pidin tästä kovasti, haha, erityisesti lopusta!
Olen aina halunnut nähdä tämän, sillä pidän "New York, New York" laulusta, joka tässä elokuvassa on mukana.

Minulla ei ole paljon sanottavaa tästä elokuvasta. Tsekkaa se, jos et ole vielä nähnyt!

Ja anteeksi, otin taas paljon kuvia tästä elokuvasta! Mutta kun pidän niistä niin paljon :) Ja kyllä, otin ne itse.

[Yesterday evening I watched the musical "On the town", (1949) and it was great! I love Gene Kelly and Frank Sinatra performing singing sailors. This reminded of  "Anchors Aweigh", which came from TV couple of weeks ago. There isn't very much differences, except in "Anchors Aweigh" there was only two sailorheroes (Kelly and Sinatra), and in this was three (Kelly, Sinatra and Jules Munshin). I liked this very much, haha, especially the ending!
I have always wanted to see this, because I love the song "New york, New York", which is performed in this movie.

I don't have much to say about this movie. Check it out, if you haven't seen it yet!]

[And sorry! Again I took so many pictures of this film. But I like these so much :) And yes, I took them myself.]
  
Sailors are checkin' out some chicks!

Jules Munshin, Gene Kelly and Frank Sinatra

Vera-Ellen

Betty Garrett (I loved her character, Brunhilde Esterhazy!)

Sinatra, Kelly and amazing Ann Miller

Ann Miller (I love this pic!)

 
Kelly and Vera-Ellen

Sinatra and Betty Garrett (Adorable!)



I love Kellys smile in this :D

Alice Pearce and Gene Kelly. I liked very much Pearces character, Lucy. She was first annoying, but in the end she was sweet :) And this scene between Lucy and Gabey (Gene Kelly) was so cute!

Good byes to the sailors!

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my most favourite movies ever, I love the music, energy of all the actors and colours used by the costume dept. especially Ann Millers green dress with the black and white checked lining.

    ReplyDelete

Polite comments make my day!

Go raibh maith agat!

Yours sincerely,
Sara Kristiina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...